Comments from Woolf's Rooms summer course 2017
- What a wonderful experience. Great to share with so many vibrant people from around the world.
- I could not be happier with my Literature Cambridge week. Getting to experience the ‘Cambridge way’ of attending supervisions, in such an engaging and stimulating course and group of people, is a gift I’ll not soon forget.
- Fantastic lectures.
- I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to attend such a well run, informative course.
- The excursions gave us entry into areas that as individuals we would not have access to.
- To attend this course was the accomplishment of a dream.
- I think I can say we all felt privileged to see Woolf’s manuscript.
- Tea time at Fitzbillies was great.
- The group reading aloud of The Waves was wonderful.
- Incredibly inspiring.
- Thank you very much for organising such an interesting summer school.
- Gillian Beer is amazing.
- Studying in Cambridge was like a dream come true: each morning we had an inspiring lecture followed by another hour in which we could discuss the topic of the lecture with one of the tutors. It was a lovely experience to study with students from all over the world and of all ages with the same interest in literature and to have ample opportunities to discuss with them the novels of Virginia Woolf. In the afternoon an arranged trip was offered or we studied the text for the next class together. Thanks to Trudi and Ericka who perfectly arranged all lectures, the dinners and several trips, even one to Bloomsbury in London, and made me feel at home in Cambridge.
Click here for gallery of images from Woolf's Rooms summer course in 2017.
Comments from Reading Bloomsbury Summer Course 2017
- My two weeks in Cambridge with Woolf and Bloomsbury have been brain exercise and I have walked not less than 12-14 km per day.
- Jeremy Thurlow’s talk on music was an unexpected surprise. Excellent.
- The speakers were excellent, well prepared and engaging.
- Thank you so much for offering this course and providing the opportunity to meet other people interested in Woolf and Bloomsbury.
- I really enjoyed the whole course. The lectures and events were all inspiring, and I loved the intimate atmosphere of the participants and staff.
- Thank you very much for five wonderful days.
- Claire Nicholson is so knowledgeable and an excellent speaker ... She is a treasure.
- Nadine Tschacksch's further explanations of the themes were just inspiring, and I especially enjoyed our discussions of literary works.
Comments from Virginia Woolf in Cambridge summer course 2016:
- This summer course is one of my top experiences.
- The course is still resonating – I think it was the immersion. The course was a real inspiration.
- Terrific program. I am going to do my best to come back next year ... You did an exceptional job providing something for everyone, no matter their background. A big thank you.
- Thank you so much for this course. It was excellently run and has reinvigorated both my enthusiasm for the Cambridge way and, most importantly, for Woolf’s works.
- Clear speakers whose enthusiasm is engaging and stimulating.
- Very well organized, enthusiastic staff, diverse range of activities, wonderful location! Thanks for everything!