We have teamed up with Stapleford Granary to offer intensive Study Days on a particular book or theme, taught by leading academics.
We are delighted to bring the best of literary discussion to a wide audience, with accessible lectures by outstanding Cambridge scholars. There are no pre-requisites for the Study Days – just a love of reading.
Stapleford Granary is a beautiful building, an old granary renovated into a fantastic venue for lectures and concerts. It is 5 miles from the centre of Cambridge, easy to reach by bike, bus, or car. Shelford station is close by (20 minutes' walk) with train connections to London and central Cambridge. More information about the venue here.
Study Days Autumn 2017-Spring 2018
If you would like to be on our emailing list, please email us at email@example.com, or contact us via our contact form.
Teachers: a teacher bringing 5-10 students can come for free. Maximum 10 students. Please email us for details: firstname.lastname@example.org
In autumn 2018, we hope to offer study days on Woolf, Shakespeare, and First World War writings (to be confirmed). Watch this space.
Praise for To the lighthouse Study Day, 17 sept. 2016
- I learned plenty of new material and LOVED doing intensive study on a single text.
- I had a wonderful time! Really liked the range of topics discussed, and was so excited to hear from renowned experts.
- Superb – thanks.
- Well planned day moving from general overview to specific aspects, much appreciated.
- I enjoyed the day very much indeed. I hope you do more of them with the same structure.
Praise for Tragedy Study Day, 18 March 2017
• Three terrific lectures.
• A great day.
• Utterly fascinating. I didn’t know what to expect. ... I was completely riveted by all the talks and the audience questions were also fascinating.
• The facilities are great. Fantastic lunch.
• Very worthwhile day school. May there be more such days!
• Inspirational teaching.
Past Study Days
Information about previous study days can be found here.